From: Kathryn Y Langston <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Woodcock migration
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:07:30 -0600

I have to agree with your conclusion on the time period, based
on the census of 1880 Samanthia E. age 3 bn Ar and then
little Denice D. age 10 months, puts the move between 1877
and 1879 if the census taker didn't goof. Might find little
Samanthia in 1900 census and see where she says she was
bn then.

Do you have who she married, I don't think I do? I'm sure from
looking last night that my program anyway only has their names.

Kathryn

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:45:00 -0700 "Bernie Moore-Knowles"
<> writes:
> Wilma
>
> Thanks for posting this on Robert Hively and Polly Langston.
>
> If this 1880 Tulare Co., California census is correct, the only
> child born
> in California (that has survived?) would be Modena Dorcas and her
> birth was
> in 1879. I noticed too that a few of the other Woodcock households
> had
> children born in 1879 in California, also. All previous was in
> Missouri or
> Arkansas.
>
> So, just an observation on my part, guys. But, I sort of doubt that
> this
> Woodcock migration to the west coast happened in the early to mid
> 1870s, but
> more like 1878-1879.
>

> Bernie Moore-Knowles
> Phoenix, Arizona
>
> "I have Indian blood in me. I have just enough White blood for you
> question my honesty." ........Will Rogers

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=b
oar