From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Woodcock migration
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:45:00 -0700

Wilma

Thanks for posting this on Robert Hively and Polly Langston.

If this 1880 Tulare Co., California census is correct, the only child born
in California (that has survived?) would be Modena Dorcas and her birth was
in 1879. I noticed too that a few of the other Woodcock households had
children born in 1879 in California, also. All previous was in Missouri or
Arkansas.

So, just an observation on my part, guys. But, I sort of doubt that this
Woodcock migration to the west coast happened in the early to mid 1870s, but
more like 1878-1879.

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona