From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Langston and Hively
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 08:50:30 -0700

Hi all

Now, I know that there are researchers of these two families on this List, probably some new folks, too.

According to the IZARD COUNTY HISTORIAN, dated JULY 1977:
"Thomas R. HIVELY b. 24 Aug. 1836- d. 16 Nov. 1917. He married Sarah
Jane "Jennie" Langston. Their children were: Margaret, Jacob, Amanda,
Alexander, Lucinda, Charles F., Nancy and Jane.
When his wife, Jennie, died Thomas married her sister Polly Langston
Woodcock, who was the widow of Maderra Francis Woodcock. The children of Thomas and Polly were: Janie, who married Rufus Russell; Martha, who married ? Hunter; Thos. F., who married Nora Russell and later, Elsie Snellgrave-Drennan."

I do not know who the author of this Historian biography is, but that's not the question for me, really.

As usual, I may be confused here, but I do not show Jane Langston and Polly Langston as siblings.

Are they indeed?

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona

"I have Indian blood in me. I have just enough White blood for you to question my honesty." ........Will Rogers

This thread: