From: Jean Mayfield Cuevas <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Benbrook, Wright and Henderson - Kathryn, Peggy and Jean
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:13:09 -0500

Bernie,

Elizabeth A. WRIGHT did make it to Izard County, AR, along with her
husband, William "Billy" Mayfield. She was born 1810, VA, and I have yet
to find who her parents were. She was in Washington County, TN in 1830,
when she married Billy. Elizabeth is buried in the Mayfield Cemetery,
Izard County, AR, having died June 4, 1882.

I don't know whether the mistake on David's name is in favor of WRIGHT of
KNIGHT, but I do find it interesting that Billy and Elizabeth's oldest son
Charles had a middle name of HENDERSON, and that he married a KNIGHT, b.
1837, Greene County, TN, and in 1860 her mother is listed on the census:

1860 Census:

Union Twp, Izard County, AR:

593/593:

Matilda Knight 45 f TN
Rebecca 21 f TN
Joseph 19 m TN
Sarah 14 f TN
Mary 12 f TN
Martha 9 f TN
James 4 m TN

So many questions still to answer! :)

Jean

At 12:52 PM 10/29/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Kathryn
>That is all real interesting. I looked in what I had for an early Wright in
>Izard Co. and only thing that I came up with was an Elizabeth Wright (b1810)
>that was married to a William "Billy" Mayfield and this is Jean's line. Not
>even sure that this Elizabeth Wright was ever in Arkansas........maybe one
>of David Wright's daughters? Assuming that he even had any? Assuming that
>he was a Wright and not a Knight?
>
>Pretty far fetched, but the way things seem to go in circles on this List,
>it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
>
>If David was a Knight.......Peggy might have some ideas for us. Peggy? A
>David Knight in your line?
>
>Another thought that I am sure you have evaluated in the past, but are we
>sure that Henry's marriage to Catherine Langston resulted in only two sons?
>Could Catherine Henderson (b1830)be a Catherine Benbrook that married a
>Henderson and then found in her father's home in 1850?
>
>Just a thought.

This thread: