From: "John Connor" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Rush, Bailey and Harmon - Gay, Joyce and June
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:25:58 -0600

Bernie: Margaret Annaline Elizabeth (M.A.E.-not Mae) was born 25 Mar 1867
in Fayette Co., Alabama. and died 23 Sep 1950 in Batesville. She is buried
in Melbourne as you had noticed.

James Newton Harmon (the son of LeRoy (or Lee) Polk HARMON and Sarah
Elizabeth Stringer from Tennessee) was born in Mississippi. I know that
LeRoy & Sarah were married @ 1850 in Jackson Co., Arkansas but I can't find
hide nor hair of LeRoy before that. If you every run into someone with
information on him, I'd love to hear about it!

The children I have listed for "Ann" RUSH & "Jim" HARMON are:
1. Johnny HARMON b. @ 1899 -- d 1910
2. William Gordon HARMON b. 28 Jun 1900 -- d. Apr 1982
3. Baby Girl HARMON b. @ 1902 -- as an infant
4. Lee Hayden (Bucksey) HARMON b. 22 Nov 1903 -- d. May 1988
5. Baby Girl HARMON b. @ 1905 -- as an infant
6. Henry Houston HARMON b. 1907 -- d. 9 Oct 1979 (He was my father. He
died in Lawrence, KS, but is buried in Izard Co. in the Big Springs
Cemetery.)
7. Dolph HARMON b. 1909 -- d. 1909
8. Cecil ("Peck") HARMON b. 19 Dec 1911 -- still living as far as I know.

The infant girls are not documented. Grandma Harmon often talked about
having baby girls that died as infants. One was dropped on the hearth by a
young brother. She also said she had a couple of baby girls by Mr. Bailey
but they didn't live very long. I have not been able to find records to
confirm any of these baby girls. She had no children when she married my
grand-father. He first husband deserted her and she never knew what
happened to him. I haven't even found a record of a divorce for them. --
However, I suspect that it was before the court house burned in Melbourne
and was therefore destroyed.

Walt HAWORTH is my nephew. He lives in Florida now. I have not seen his
genealogy work. Maybe I should check & see what he has. Datha Peters of
Warrensburg, MO is also doing research on the family. She is my niece but
not a sister to Walt.

I can give you a little more information on Ann Rush's grandchildren if you
need it. Gay Connor