From: "Donnie" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] marriage
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:18:28 -0400

Lawrence County, AR
Page 195 (forgot to write Book number)

Hiram Crooms to Eliza Brickey
Marriage
State of Arkansas
County of Lawrence

I B.F. Holdford do hereby certify that on the 1 day of December 1872, I did
duly join in marriage Hiram Crooms of Lawrence Co., State of Arkansas aged
26 and Miss Liza C. Brickey of Lawrence Co., State of Ark, aged 19 at
Pleasant Hill Church in Izard County did then and there declare them to be
husband and wife.
I further Certify that the ceremony was performed according tot he rules and
usage’s of the Baptist Church of which I am a minister and that my
Credentials are recorded in the office of the Clerk of Jackson (County) Co.
State of Arkansas.
Given under my hand this the 20 day of January 1873.
Bartholomew Holdford
A true copy of the original
Wm. McBryde Co., clerk
& Ex-officeo Recorder

Note:
It is hard to tell if the marriage took place in Izard County. The writting
looks like Sard County. Does anyone know of a church called Pleasant Hill
in Izard County?

Note:
On same page is a marriage of Jacob Fortenberry, age 30, to Mary Harlow, age
30, of Lawrence County. (only first half of marriage copied)

This thread: