From: "Joyce Cooper Walker" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Montgomery - Bruce - Finley
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:26:18 -0500

Hi Vera and James...In the 1860 Izard Ct Census -Conway Twp (PO Wild Haws)
#220/219 is listed:

Montgomery, Lewis 62 m fmr Tn.
Nancy 53 f Tn
Elizabeth 33 f dmst Tn
Martha 23 f Tn
Lewis 21 m srv Tn
Sarah 17 f Tn
William C. 15 m Tn

Ths only BRUCE I fond in the 1860 census was living with the family of
Joseph Byler in the Rocky Bayou TWp.#121/119- W.W. BRUCE 22 m fm lbr Tn.

James , you say you have the 1870 census? With Thomas and Sarah Bruce, there
is a Wesley Bruce age 22 living with family. Other Bruces in the 1870
census are:

Indiana Bruce 63 Al., living with David Brown family in Rocky Bayou Twp
and Indiana Bruce 21, Ky.

Also in the 1870 census,Rocky Bayou Twp is William Bruce 31, Tn.
and Delfina 21 kh Tn. (maybe a brother to Thomas Bruce???)
1900 Census, LaCrosse Twp.#27/27:

BRUCE, James L. Sep 1872 28 md 4 AR AR AL
Ada M. Sep 1880 19 md 4 2-2 Ar Ar AR
Ollie M. dau Aug 1898 2 s Ar Ar AR
Carry L. dau Dec 1899 1 s Ar Ar Ar
MONTGOMERY, Elizabeth aunt OCt 1833 66 Tn TnTn

1900 Census Pleasant Hill Twp. #41/41:

FINLEY, William N. Nov 1827 72 wd Ar Ga Ky
FINLEY, Willie E. g-d Jan 1894 6 s Ar AR AR
William H, g-s Sep. 1876 23 md 3 Ar Ar Ar
Mary E. g-d-l June 1874 25 md 3 1-1 Ar Ar Al
Stella A. g-d Jul 1897 2 s AR AR AR
Robert L. son Jun 1876 23 wd. AR Ar AR

I double checked the relationship on the g-s and g-d-l on William H. and
Mary....could be that should read as son and daughter -in -law, since
Robert is listed as son....might have gotten messed up in translating
somewhere along the line.....

James, looks like William and Robert are living with their father as head of
household. Since Robert is widowed, the Willie granddaughter, age 6 may be
his daughter.

Joyce