ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2001-09 > 1001635481

From:
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] McCollum - Betty Mc
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:04:41 -0500
References: <F79SWFSSEfLMY3tTE9i0000b13e@hotmail.com> <008701c1476d$d88cd480$ef42b118@chnd1.az.home.com> <007201c1477d$8faf50c0$99a78ed1@computer> <00e301c1477d$4973e260$ef42b118@chnd1.az.home.com>

Yes, it is. And thank goodness for the cooler weather; I love the fall and
spring!
Betty

From: Bernie Moore-Knowles <>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] McCollum - Betty Mc

> Betty
> That's funny! Black Lee and Red Lee! One way to distinquish between the
> two.
> Thanks Betty.
> I'll be that it's looking really pretty in Arkansas right now.
> Bernie Moore-Knowles
Wiseman
> &
> > Glenco. I asked my dad-in-law many years ago, if the two sets were
> related
> > and he said "no". But when I finally began researching the McCollum
> family
> > I found that they were all from the same set, which was the Joab
McCollum
> > line. There used to be two Lee McCollum's in Izard Co. One was my
> > husband's uncle who had red hair, and the other was from what we thought
> was
> > "the other set" and he had black hair. So people referred to them as
> "black
> > Lee" and "red Lee".
> > Betty
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: Bernie Moore-Knowles <>
> > To: <>
> > Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 11:02 AM
> > Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] McCollum, Woods and McMahan
> > > Interesting question, Bill.
> > > I know that I haven't seen Betty Mc post in awhile. On vacation, I
> hope?
> > > I thought that if it were actually an Izard Co. McCollum that Arkansas
> > > Missouri McMahan married that he possibly could be connected to Joab
> > > McCollum and Charity Woods?
> > >
> > > Too, I was curious as to what McMahan family that she was born into?
> Any
> > > idea there?
> > >
> > > Betty Mc, are you there?
> > > Bernie Moore-Knowles
> > > > >My grandmother was Bertie A Montgomery, Hugh Porter and Missouri
> > > McCollum's
> > > > >daughter. I keep coming up with dead ends. Hugh and Missouri were
> > > married
> > > > >in 1888 and he died in 1892 so no help on the census. I have
posted
> > > > >messages to the Independence board but no luck.
> > > > >I am begining to think that she was an alien. I know the
> Montgomery's
> > > were
> > > > >from Izard so I'm hoping there might be a connection somewhere.
> > > > >