From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:53:39 -0600

> Toad suck? I am literally busting out laughing! Toad Suck? Can you
> imagine telling someone that you graduated from Toad Suck High?

My little book "Arkansas Place Names" has this to say.
It's on the Arkansas River between Faulkner and Perry Counties.

At one time there was a ferry crossing there.
There are several stories on how it got it's name.
1. the wild element used to gather on the banks of the river and the saying
was they were sucking up whisker like toads.

This thread: