Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Thomas H. Walker
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:24:05 EDT

Jim,

Yes, this Thomas H. Walker was the oldest son of Robert T. and Jane Hightower Walker. He is listed with Martha as his wife in the 1860 Izard County Census in Rocky Bayou. Martha is in the 1870 Izard County Census at Rocky Bayou with her new husband, General W. Thurman and their first child, Hannah who was an infant at the time. Mary J. Walker and William Walker were in their household and listed as General Thurman's step-children. By the way, General was his real name, and he supposedly later had a son by another marriage named Colonel. I found them in Taney County, Missouri, in the 1880 Census with their four oldest children. Of course, the Walkers had already been sent away. I have found out a whole new book's worth of information on the Thurmans in the last year. These Walker children were like a missing link to all of the rest of the Walker family until just the last few years.

Mike Walker

This thread: