Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Hailey - Bookout
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:53:02 EDT

In a message dated 6/12/01 7:55:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

<< Allen Henry Hailey of Wiseman, AR, son of the late M. A. Hailey and
Margaret
(Bookout) Hailey was born May 9, 1911 in Violet Hill, AR. He died Feb 11,
1994 at the Fulton County Hospital in Salem, AR at the age of 82 years,
seven months and two days. >>

Vera,
Thanks so much for posting. This is my grandmother's nephew. Really
appreciate the info. Looks like I have a definitive spelling for the name
too.
My mother and Orpha (Allen's sister) left Wiseman during the WWII years
to work at the recently defunct Memphis Army Depot and shared an apartment
before they both married. Mom spelled Hailey without the "i."
Would like to know more about their father Maude Hailey too. I remember
visiting their home as a child. They had a great swing in a huge tree in the
front yard..LOL. The house had a wonderful open feeling. I remember lots of
wonderful old framed portraits and large ceramic animals setting about.
Thanks again.
Marsha

This thread: