From: Jean Mayfield Cuevas <>
Subject: RE: [ARIZARD-L] New Discoveries, Etc. Rosemary
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:48:02 -0500

Hi Rosemary,

I had to go back and check what I sent out to the mailing list, because I
DO have Samantha in my FTM files, and I don't know WHY it didn't come out
with the rest. As a matter of fact, when I look in the Note section, I
based my Samantha information on something that you once wrote to
Hope. Sure is a puzzle as to why it didn't come out in the list!

Here's what I am referring to in my notes section on her:
Hope,

I sure would like to be able to prove kinship to you through the FRANKS
family! <g>

Mine and Elvada's Cynthia FRANKS married James LAWRENCE. Their daughter,
Samantha, married Jesse Jeffery (grandson of James and Jane). Samantha and
Jesse's daughter, Mary "Molly" Levina married Millard HANKS.

Our cousin, Noel Jeffery, told Elvada and me that he had always heard that
Samantha was half Indian....wonder which half - the Franks or the Lawrence?

Do you know if any of your Franks married into the Lawrence family and if
any of them were Indian?

Rosemary
Thanks for the references to the JEFFERY "boys" and I will be sure to check
as to whether I have them attached or not.

You know, now that I have the fact that Lucinda was married into one of the
families so close in ties, it makes me think that I might just find her
sister, N. Amanda MAYFIELD, b., married to someone familiar as well!
:) At this time, I have nothing on her at all, do you? Nor, do I have
anything on Elizabeth, another sister (b. 1839). Guess I need to scour
the census records to see whether I can find someone with the same first
names and birth years living in another household. Well.....add another
two sisters to the quest! Mary J., born 1832, and Catherine J., b.
1843. So many many blanks still unanswered in that family.

As for kindness in small towns, perhaps you are right. I sure am glad that
I found so much of it, too!

If you do get over to the Old Mayfield Cemetery, let me know. I would love
to know how to get to it for the future.

Love,

Jean