From: "Bill Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] The Old Mt. Olive Hotel
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:05:21 -0000

Bernie,
I called the Arkansas State Heritage Agency today just before noon and
discussed this old house with them. They were unaware of such a house in
existence in the state of Arkansas, and the lady I spoke with was in
agreement it would be a house most certainly worth saving. Now, the real
thing is......How can the state get possession of the house, should it want
to restore it. A great possibility would be if for someway Izard County
Government could someway purchase or obtain title to the property. I feel
with efforts from many of us, and others who are familiar with this house
could make it a possibility...it may take some time....but there is a little
time left...but NOT TOO MUCH...so, we should move fast to see if the
possibilities are there.

I also mentioned that Randy Jeffery was an employee or a former employee of
their agency, and she was quite familiar with him. Hopefully, Randy could
be in position to guide the county officials in this direction, and find
appropriate funds to restore it.

The Jacob Wolf House in Norfork is now being restored by the State, after
they cleared the obstacles of certain parties from scene.

Bill Blevins