From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] The Old Mt. Olive Hotel
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:39:06 -0700

Bill

I have just been listening to all you all describe this old hotel and am
loving every minute of it.

A few years ago, several shopkeepers, artists and myself got together over
wine one evening and discussed revamping a vintage home. I was the only one
with any structural experience and that was limited, I can tell you for
sure, at the time. There was five of us all together. Long story
short..........by the end of the month, a non profit agency named Project
Get Together had purchased a home for us and handed us full rein and a
budget to refurbish a home that Tulsa pioneer Tate Brady had built. It was
part of the tribal allotment of the wife of Robert L. Owen and at the time
that building was done (circa 1915, I want to say), it had just been
released from court. The children and heirs of Mrs. Owen had sued the White
Owen for illiegally obtaining the property in probate. Par for course for
Oklahoma history......

At any rate, almost a year later, this two story home located on North Yukon
Ave., near present day (Robert L.) Owen Park in north Tulsa was on the
market and the proceeds from the sale, benefited Project Get Together.
(Note: Oklahoma is famous for naming their public parks for
thieves.........)

So, you read my mind, Bill.......when my initial question to Elvada was,
"Elvada, do you have any idea who is the owner of this property now?"

Properties such as these, if they are not saved......

Bernie

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona