Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] The Old Mt. Olive Hotel - Bill B./Rosemary-Elvada
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:03:42 EST

In a message dated 3/29/01 4:30:18 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:

<< This Old Hotel is certainly one of a kind...It is well
worth ones time to just drive down to Mt. Olive to
see. The front floor sills are now showing in it, and
the size of them is unbelievable and also extremely
long. Jack was saying they were Cedar. Just imagine
trying to find a cedar tree anywhere in the State of
ARkansas today that would be as long and as big as
these are...( I would say it is an impossibility ) and
I also noticed they are still in great conditon.

I have the drawing I made put back somewhere in one of
my files, and when I find it - will make certain you
get a copy.

Bill Blevins

-=-----------------------------------------------------

Rosemary and Bill,

I would like to know if anyone is communicating with Randy Jeffery here in LR.
If you aren't, I must remember to alert him to check the ARIZARD Archives for
info.

If I am remembering right, Randy is from Melbourne but I do not recall who
his parents were, except that his Mother is deceased and stayed for awhile in
the Nursing Facility at Calico Rock, AR. I believe his Father is still alive
and residing somewhere near Melbourne.

I know from what little Randy has said to me about the Jeffery home places
and structures, he would appreciate any information about any of them. He
worked for a time with the Historic Preservation Agency for AR but now is
with Capitol Zoning which includes both the Capitol area and also, the
Governors' Mansion area.

Please let me know if you don't know him or aren't talking to him regularly?!
Beth Peck Cooper

This thread: