Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Regarding Your Brother-in-law - Jean
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:43:40 EST

Thank you, Jean!

It's never too late to receive kind words, is it? Yes, it was my sister
Helen's husband. They were married in 1956. Their children, David and
Melinda, helped to present the program and it was a beautiful tribute. They
have young families that will demand a lot of their time and attention.
Helen upholsters for a hobby, but plans to get a part-time job soon. She
will be okay. It does take time. He had been ill for several years and sort
of became her child, so she'll miss him. I'm just glad he slipped away
quietly and peacefully in his sleep.

My nephew Alan's wife, Eula, was diagnosed last summer with stage four
cancer. It had metastasized to her brain. She asked them for the truth from
the outset. They never thought she would go home from that first
hospitalization, but she told them, "I'm not done yet." She had responded
well to the first couple rounds of chemo and we were encouraged. At least
she had some time with her children and grandsons.

A niece, Dianne, during her visit here, asked Eula what she would have done
differently. She said, "I wouldn't have smoked [cigarettes] since I was 15
years old." She was lucid until the last two or three days and said she
wasn't in pain. Finally, she just quit breathing and slipped away.

Thanks for your sweet thoughts. Yesterday, I was doing some filing and ran
across the message that you sent us when you learned of your father's death.
I hope time has helped you, too.

Peggy

This thread: