Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] 3 Marriage Book - Independence Co.
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 19:54:14 EST

In a message dated 3/4/2001 6:00:06 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> Emma,
> This is off subject with the books, But my husband "Arlie" 's line
> includes
> the Ray's his great grandfather married Elizabeth Jane Ray and she would be
> Arlie's step great grandmother.
> Ionia

Ok Ionia,
Now that is interesting. Let's see if I can explain this giant circle. My
grandmother was Elizabeth Jane Wray/Ray - daughter of William B. Wray and
Catherine Keepers. Elizabeth Jane Wray md Edwin B. Jinkins.
William B. Wray and his family moved to Independence Co., Arkansas from
Stoddard Co., Missouri after 20 Apr 1846 and before 10 Aug 1849. This is
based on the birth of two children - one born in Missouri and one in
Arkansas. The Jinkins family was also from Stoddard and my theory is that
Edwin followed them to Arkansas to marry Elizabeth Jane. Their first child
was born in Independence Co., and then they returned to Stoddard Co.,
Missouri where they lived until the late 1870's.
In Stoddard Co., Missouri in 1855 a Andrew Neill dies and leaves everything
he owns to Edwin B. Jinkins and his brother William Jinkins. And we have
never been able to figure out why. But.. these surnames are all tied
together through various marriages, etc and it is really a challenge to sort
them out: Neill, Eaker, Dunn, Jinkins, Miller, Crites, Ballard, Bess,
Bollinger, Cline, Dowdy, Norman, Sifford, etc.
And all of them seem to come from or around Lincoln Co., NC.
Dow any of these surnames ring a bell with your husband's line.
Thanks and take care - Emma

This thread: