ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2000-12 > 0978129972

From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Layne and Lane - Vera and Dwight
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 15:46:12 -0700
References: <20001229175052.35681.qmail@web11203.mail.yahoo.com> <068b01c071e2$3e39d920$978f8ed1@VeraReeves>

Hi Vera

This is pretty bizarre. I have to ask......did my post addressed to you
post to the IZARD List regarding the Lane/Layne families?

If not, then this is two in several days that haven't shown up. Something
tells me that I need to hush my chatter for awhile.

But, not to worry all.....I'll be heading out in a couple of days and you
can have a Bernie Reprieve! LOL

Anyway Vera.......here is the email that I sent you:

From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Lane, Tiller, Roebuck and Ozburn - Vera and Dwight

> Hi Vera
> My paternal ggggrandfather was a Lane/Layne. Like yourself, I have never
> been able to connect to Dwight's though. Seems mine were in neighboring
> Fulton Co. and their migration seems to have been VA TN MO AR.
> My ggrandparents were Thomas Ozburn and Eliza Tiller, daughter of David
> Layne Tiller and Betsy Ann Roebuck. The Ozburns were in Howell Co.,
> Missouri and Randolph Co., Arkansas and some of their children ended up in
> Lawrence Co., Arkansas. So, they danced all around Izard Co.......but, as
I
> know now, havne't been able to connect them to Dwight's. But, thought I'd
> post the line, just in case.
> Ya never know,
> Descendants of David Layne, Jr.
> 1 David Layne, Jr.
> ............................... 4 George Warren Tiller b: June 06, 1846
in
> Randolph Co., Missouri d: March 03, 1914 in Hannibal, Marion Co.,
Missouri
> ................................... +Cordelia F. Halley b: July 29, 1850
in
> Macon Co., Missouri m: November 22, 1868 in Macon Co., Missouri d: Aft.
1880
> From: "Vera Reeves" <>
> To: <>
> Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 11:05 PM
> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Roll Call
> > Well Dwight since my maiden name is Lane I've paid more attention to
your
> > name than some of the others.
> > I just can not connect to the Lanes around Izard County. Mine are from
> > Washington County, IN and didn't get to Izard County until 1900.
> > I can't use my scanner the way some of you can so will need a mailing
> > address, send it to and the article will be on
it's
> > To: <>
> > Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 6:31 PM
> > Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Roll Call
> > > Hi Vera;
> > > My name is Dwight Lane and I welcome you to the Izard List. I am a
> direct
> > > descendant of Washington T. Forrest and his third wife Nancy J. Cook.
I
> > have
> > > heard the story all my life about being kin to Lt. General Forrest but
> the
> > > exact link has been elusive. I would love to have a copy of the news
> > > article.
> > > Where it says "jump to a specific database" enter thurlane
> > > Dwight Lane
> > > Lane-Collier Cousins Web-Page
> > > http://www.geocities.com/thurlane/
> > > Searching for: COLLIER, DOBBS, FORREST, McSPADDEN, STROUD, AND LANE,
> > VANCE,
> > > GAY, NORMAN, METCALF.
> > > ----Original Message Follows----
> > > From: "Vera Reeves" <>
> > > Reply-To:
> > > To:
> > > Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Roll Call
> > > Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:05:31 -0700
> > > Evalyn,
> > > I have a copy of an article about Lt. Gen Nathan Bedford Forrest. The
> > > article is from Calico Rock newspaper dated Nov 3, 1977 and is about
the
> > > 100th anniversary of his death. Says he is a relative of the Forrest
> > Family
> > > of Izard County. It's an interesting article and mentions General Lee.
> Let

Phoenix, Arizona

"I have Indian blood in me. I have just enough White blood for you to
question my honesty." ........Will Rogers
From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] roll call

> Verna, I would still like to share info on Layne-Pinkston Family.
> I have a large file on Zachariah Pinkston and I've taken 3 of his children
> and added them to my family file on FTM which I've added more to some of
> them.
> > Rich
> > Pinkston definately from Baxtor cty
> > Thanks
> > Verna
> > __________________________________________________
> > Do You Yahoo!?
> > Yahoo! Photos - Share your holiday photos online!
> > http://photos.yahoo.com/
> > ==== ARIZARD Mailing List ====
> > For the threaded Archives for go to:
> > http://archiver.rootsweb.com/ARIZARD-L/
> ==== ARIZARD Mailing List ====
> For an index to most user mailing lists hosted by RootsWeb, visit
> http://www.rootsweb.com/~maillist/us/index.html