From: "Harold Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L]Jot-Em-Down?
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:03:19 -0600

Yes the Jot-em-Down store was (and is) in Pine Ridge, AR, about
20 miles east of Mena AR. Chet Lauck and Norris Goff both grew up
in Mena, a few blocks from each other. They did comedy together
locally and one day did a sketch about two old characters "Lum
Eddards" and "Abner Peabody" who ran a general store and the rest
is history. The store and museum is still in Pine Ridge and you can still
buy their tapes, I got mine at a Cracker Barrel store.......

Now that we've got off on "nostalgia radio", who can tell me who did the
voice of Marshall Matt Dillon on the old original radio version of
"Gunsmoke"? (Clue: He went on to be a successful movie and TV actor
and starred in several TV series.)

Harold

Wasn't it called Pine Ridge, Arkansas?
Betty Mc