From: "Harold Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Internet Expressions -Evalyn
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:02:20 -0600

Evalyn:

This is the second time I have had to go thru this, learning a new
language! The first time was almost 50 years ago when I first became
an amateur radio operator. The hams had their own set of short cuts
for words, brought about by having to send Morse Code, and the
shorter the message the better. Some were pretty obvious, like
XMTR and RCVR for transmitter and receiver, HI was the same
as LOL, TNX was Thanks, and CUL was "see you later". Your
girl friend was a YL (Young Lady) and your wife was a XYL (Ex-
Young-Lady). "73" meant "best regards" and "88's" were "love
and kisses!" So , you see, this stuff has been around for a long time.
So, gotta go run an errand for the XYL, so CUL and 73's.........
Harold

This thread: