From: "Paula Killian" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Smith article in Historian
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:24:09 -0600

Thats fine. I/m in no hurry to make my stack higher. Sure appreciate and
yes, the good old days. Can tell you are younger than I am because Ed and
Rachel came to Guion after we moved to Calico Rock when I was 10. I have
always had family at Guion though and then at Batesville so I have always
known them on the acquaintance level. Fine people and I was sorry to hear
of his recent death. I didn't remember any Blevins' at Guion when I was
there. I have a house at Batesville (I live at Leachville now) ten miles
out in the country, off Hwy. 167 toward Cave City and it is the same way
there. My house sits on a high ridge and when the wind is right we can
hear the trains at Batesville. Don't know what there is about a train
whistle. It's sad and comforting at the same time. I notice that the
excursion train is being discontinued in northern Arkansas because it
hasn't enough business anymore. I never did go ride it. Somehow I was
afraid I would be dissapointed. Would give a couple of years of my life to
ride the Moose again though.

Thanks so much for the favor. Hope I can return it sometime.

Paula Bryant Killian