From: "Paula Killian" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Smith article in Historian
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:49:23 -0600

Harold, I was raised at Guion, born 1931. My Mother's father, Joe Boles
worked many years and was killed in 1932 on the MoPac RR. Daddy's daddy,
Joe Bryant, spent most of his life working on the MoPac. My father,
Marshal Bryant, never worked anywhere else and worked some 45 years -
beginning at Guion section and ending the last 20 yrs or so as section
foreman out of Batesville. I am a nut about railroad stuff, MoPac stuff
that is. I wonder if you would be so kind as to let me have copies of
these articles also. I will be happy to reimburse copying and postage
expense. Where did you live that you could hear the Guion trains? I am
never happy when I live where I can't hear a train. Of course I liked the
old steam engines best but I make do pretty well with the diesels if I can
hear them whistle once in a while. My address is 806 Winchester Rd,
Leachville, AR 72438. E-mail is

Thanks,
Paula Bryant Killian