From: "Harold Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Smith article in Historian
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:23:21 -0600

Joan, Lynette and Jim

Albert W. Smith was born 28 December 1892, son of Joseph
M.Smith and Elizabeth Banning. So, Jim, it doesn't look like he
fits with you.

The article by Uncle Albert runs 7 pages, including one photo of
the Calico Rock depot, with three men standing inside. The
Historian was half the size then, so you can copy two pages on
one 8.5 x 11 sheet.

The Iron Mountain article is in the same issue, it runs 10 pages.
It gives the history of the railroad in Izard County, it was first called
St. Louis, Iron Mountain and Southern, Then they built a branch
line from St. Louis to Pacific, Missouri and changed the name to
Missouri-Pacific. When I was growing up, on a day when the wind
was just right we could hear the train whistles at Guion.

If you want a copy of the articles, just let me know and send me your
address. If you don't want to publish your address online, just let me
know by private e-mail............................Harold B.

This thread: