From: Jean Mayfield Cuevas <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Paul Fullbright (Off Subject)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 02:32:00 -0500

It's me again! :)

I wanted to ask you a question....I followed the directions from FTM for
splitting a GEDCOM, and saved my copy. Then, I closed down my FTM and
opened up this saved portion, and it opened up FTM again. It had exactly
what I had saved in the file, and the symbol shows it to be a GEDCOM (tree
with a burlap bag around the bottom). And, when I attach it to an e-mail,
it shows that I am sending a GEDCOM. However, on the other end, the person
is NOT getting a GEDCOM.

What do you think is happening? It works fine when I click on it. Not
fine when I send it. Could that be incompatibility? My husband is
sceptical. He can't see FTM making their newer programs incompatible
because it would hurt their business.

Any ideas? Thanks.

At 09:21 AM 9/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Jean
>Are you sure you are exporting GEDCOM file. ( .GED) you can export FTM
>files and you will get that problem but you have to tell it you want GEDCOM
>format which has to be able to be opened by other programs, I have not had any
>problems when I send GED files between different versions of FTM.
>Jean Mayfield Cuevas wrote:
> > Hi Ron,
> >
> > That was why I had stopped buying the upgrades. It seemed like every six
> > months they came out with a new one, and after upgrading over and over
> > again, I needed to save the money.
> >
> > I know exactly how you feel! :-) You might want to call them, and mention
> > that you had just upgraded. Maybe they will cut the difference by
> > $10. Or, maybe you will wish to stay where you are. I suppose I can
> > justify upgrading now, since I have seen two generations inbetween.
> >
> > Jean
>==== ARIZARD Mailing List ====
>The US GenWeb site for Izard County can be found at:

This thread: