From: Jean Mayfield Cuevas <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Paul Fullbright (Off Subject)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 02:32:00 -0500

Paul,

It's me again! :)

I wanted to ask you a question....I followed the directions from FTM for
splitting a GEDCOM, and saved my copy. Then, I closed down my FTM and
opened up this saved portion, and it opened up FTM again. It had exactly
what I had saved in the file, and the symbol shows it to be a GEDCOM (tree
with a burlap bag around the bottom). And, when I attach it to an e-mail,
it shows that I am sending a GEDCOM. However, on the other end, the person
is NOT getting a GEDCOM.

What do you think is happening? It works fine when I click on it. Not
fine when I send it. Could that be incompatibility? My husband is
sceptical. He can't see FTM making their newer programs incompatible
because it would hurt their business.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Jean