From: paul fullbright <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Wishing to Compare Some Family Tree MakerNotes!
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:21:29 -0500

Hi Jean
Are you sure you are exporting GEDCOM file. ( .GED) you can export FTM
files and you will get that problem but you have to tell it you want GEDCOM
format which has to be able to be opened by other programs, I have not had any
problems when I send GED files between different versions of FTM.

Paul

Jean Mayfield Cuevas wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>
> That was why I had stopped buying the upgrades. It seemed like every six
> months they came out with a new one, and after upgrading over and over
> again, I needed to save the money.
>
> I know exactly how you feel! :-) You might want to call them, and mention
> that you had just upgraded. Maybe they will cut the difference by
> $10. Or, maybe you will wish to stay where you are. I suppose I can
> justify upgrading now, since I have seen two generations inbetween.
>
> Jean

This thread: