From: Jean Mayfield Cuevas <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Wishing to Compare Some Family Tree Maker Notes!
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 09:52:58 -0500

Good Afternoon!

It appears that there is some life on this list today! :) I don't know
whether it's the list or my ISP, but I have not seen nearly the volume the
past several days.

I wanted to ask if any of you have had problems getting or sending
.GEDCOMS? I started to share a portion of my FTM file with someone, and
got a small window which popped up, saying that I could not share my files
with the person because he had 7.0.

I was a little surprised, to say the least! I always thought that GEDCOMS
were sort of universal, and could be shared between various genealogy
programs, no matter what their version. I called FTM and was told that
there was no work-around for it. I have 6.0, and had not planned to do an
upgrade for a long time. Is this just a problem between two FTM programs,
or does 7.0 FTM outstrip all the older genealogy programs, as well?

I would be interested in hearing, if you know.

Thanks!

Jean C.

This thread: