From: "E. Champion" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Re: [MELTON-L]Illinois and Izard County AR marriages
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:53:29 -0500

Hey, It's worth a phone call. Where exactly is Barry County, Missouri? I
pass through a good part of Missouri on my way to Kentucky. I just might
take a side trip!! I passed through McNairy county TN (East of Memphis on
Hwy 64 between Memphis and Savannah Tennessee) where my great grandfather
Joseph Melton was born.....I think....ummmmm!
They moved to McMinn and my grandfather Nathan Hamby Melton says on two
different documents that he was born in McMinn County and then Athens, TN in
Polk County. McMinn was either changed to Polk or they cut off a piece and
called it Polk County. Most of the databases show all of Nathan Hamby's
children as being born in Ironton, Iron County Missouri. I'm sure that
Nathan's birthplace IS McMinn because his mother Margaret Lacewell is buried
there in Dodson's Cemetery. Oh my....how I ramble.....

Evalyn