ARIZARD-L ArchivesArchiver > ARIZARD > 2000-08 > 0966971932
From: "bcavner" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] OFF SUBJECT - Need FTM Help
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:18:52 -0500
FamilyTreeMaker Tech Support sent this to me when I had the SAME problem:
1. Click Start, then Settings and then Control Panel
2. Double click the Reional Settings icon
3. Click the Regional Settings tab
4. If English (United States) is not chosen, select it from the list.
Choose OK and allow your computer to restart.
5. If English (United States) is selected, continue to the next section.
Create a shortcut in your Startup group for Regional Settings
1. Click Start then Settings and then Control Panel
2. Right Click the Regional Settings icon, select Create Shortcut and agree
to have it placed on your Desktop.
3. Go to your Desktop, right click your mouse on the icon and select Cut
4. Right-click in an empty space in your Taskbar (which is between your
Start button and the System Tray which contains your clock) and choose
5. Click the Start Menu Program tab
6. Click the Advanced button
7. Click the folder called Programs on the left hand side of the screen so
the folder icon is open
8. Double-click the StartUp folder in the right hand side of the screen
9. From the Edit menu choose Paste
You should then see a copy of the Regional Settings Icon
This has worked for me - but I don't like having to OK the Regional Settings
Icon each time I boot up my system. But I can get into FTM always.
Hope this helps.
----- Original Message -----
From: Rosemary Kenney <>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 1:15 PM
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] OFF SUBJECT - Need FTM Help
> Dear List Members,
> I need some computer assistance, please.
> My Family Tree Maker program continually "acts up". This has been an
> ongoing problem for the past several months....I don't know what John did
> before that "fixed" it (maybe reinstalled the program) but right now
> our move), I cannot access it again. It gives me the error message:
> "An error has occurred in OLE2NLS.DLL. Please try reinstalling OLE."
> Well, we did try reinstalling the whole program but it hasn't helped. Do
> any of you computer experts on our List have any suggestions/ideas for
> fixing it/comments? I've emailed their technical support people for help
> and am waiting to hear from them, too.
> Thanks for any and all help!
> ==== ARIZARD Mailing List ====
> Jean M.Cuevas, Listowner Arizard-L <><
> Remember, new subscribers are added to the list almost everyday. Post
your lines often!
|Re: [ARIZARD-L] OFF SUBJECT - Need FTM Help by "bcavner" <>|