Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Finley/Herron/Taylor/Brinsfield/Langston? researchers
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:48:10 EDT

Sandra,

I had reconstructed some information on these from another Izard County
Historian issue. I know there's a FINLEY-BRINSFIELD connection because years
ago I began to collect information on them. Since I'm not directly in this
line, my information is in notebooks and I'll have to go through them. I'll
get back with you if there is any additional information to that shown below.

Someone on this List has told me that Meda DAVIDSON CALHOUN is still living.
My last contact with her was in 1997 and she lived in Mount Pleasant. Her
husband George was in a nursing home.

Joseph Powell DAVIDSON (b. TN ?-5 Aug. 1906), died at age 49 in Little Rock,
AR; married abt. 1881, Anna "Annie" FINLEY (b. AR Feb 1860-Aft. 1900, buried
at Finley Creek, Izard County, AR).

[She was daughter of John FINLEY (b. AR) and Eliza Jane TAYLOR (b. TN)
and there's more information on them on page 18 of ICH issue (see below).]

DAVIDSON children:

1) James G. (Oct. 1881-Mar. 1902 in Ohio at age 20, buried Barren Fork Cem.,
AR);
2) Millie (Nov. 1883-1916, Cherryvale, KS, prob. childbirth 2nd ch., buried
at Cherryvale, KS); married Adolphus BREWER.
3) Eva (Feb. 1886-Abt. 1936, Tahlequah, Cherokee County, OK; buried at Finley
Creek, Izard County, AR); married William "Chick" GLORY;
4) Ella Mae (Sep. 1889-Abt. 1938 in Amarillo, TX; buried Amarillo, TX);
married Abt. 1920 Bill TATE;
5) William Eli (4 May 1893-9 July 1971); married Agnes REEVES;
6) Ida (July 1896-Abt. 1914 at age 18 while visiting her sister Millie at
Cherryvale, KS where she is buried).

Meda DAVIDSON CALHOUN is first child of William Eli DAVIDSON and wife Agnes
REEVES.

Above information from "The Izard County Historian," July 1989, Vol. 20, No.
3, pp. 17-26.

My interest: My great-aunt, Sarah Jane LUTHER's daughter married Marcus F.
TUNSTALL. Sarah Jane died suddenly in early 20s, pregnant with second
daughter, leaving daughter Minnie Naomi TUNSTALL, whose father returned to
Buffalo City where he was from, and he married twice more. My
great-grandmother, Mary F. {WOOLEY} LUTHER - USHER - THOMPSON - Alex. SHELL
raised Minnie Naomi, who married Joseph Pinckney DAVIDSON. J. P. and Minnie
had several children and lived in Izard County. Minnie Naomi died as young
woman and Joseph Pinckney remarried Mabel STROUD.

Joseph Pinckney DAVIDSON was son of William Laban DAVIDSON.

Joseph Powell DAVIDSON and William Laban DAVIDSON were sons of William
DAVIDSON and wife Emily [unknown] in 1870 Izard County census.

Clear as mud ...

Peggy in Tulsa

This thread: