Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Re: [MELTON-L]Illinois and Izard County AR marriages
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 00:30:39 EDT

Emma,
We sure have a lot of people with the same similarities. I know this James
Martin and Jane are not the Martin family from Izard. Sure could be though.
We know that James Martin is buried on Mat Sooters old property in Marshall,
Searcy, CO, AR. He was born before 1800 and we have proff that he is of
Cherokee heritage. Isabel was born around 1817 and died before the civil war.
James died abt 1854. We also know who their children are. They are all from
Izard and Searcy Co, AR and we have the data on most of them. Isabel Melton
is tied in with the Melton's of Barry, CO, MO. Who knows though, this could
be another branch. I am pretty close to finding out who James Martin's
parents are. I know the family that he belongs to, just not absolutely
positive of his parents. I believe they are Joseph Martin and Elizabeth Ward.
Hopefully, will know soon.
Sandra Howard

This thread: