From: "rharper" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Roll Call
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:19:20 -0700

My name is Ron Harper, born 2-19-46 and I live in Two Rivers, WI. My father,
Jonathan Leroy "Roy" HARPER, was born 1896 in Lutie, Ozark County, MO. My
mother, Zelma Edith "Edie" PORTERFIELD, was born 1913 in Fulton County
Arkansas near Salem. Her parents were John Thomas Porterfield b. 12/28/1855
Independence Co. and Mary Drucilla "Mollie" BARBER b.1/1/1885 in Arkansas.
All of their children were born in Fulton Co. Mollie's parents were William
Franklin "Buck" Barber and Jane CHADWICK. Buck and Jane can be found on the
1880 New Hope Township, Izard County census. I am having a dickin's of a
time trying to find out which Jane Chadwick. It doesn't help that my mother
wrote in her bible, "Mary" Chadwick, but the census says it was Jane. Jim
Young, and other list members, have been giving me a lot of help. I believe
she was the daughter, Jane b. 1855, of William Chadwick who was the brother
of John L. Chadwick.
Surnames: PORTERFIELD, BARBER, CHADWICK, HELM, SUGG, MCVEY/MCVAY, PATRICK,
HOLLAND, BURGE, SANDERSON, STUART, RODMAN and other related families.

This thread: