Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Roll Call
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:22:59 EDT

Dear Listmembers,

I am relatively new to the list. My name is Karen Hughes and I am
researching the following family lines: CULLINS/ELMS/SHERRY in Arkansas.
Most of my Arkansas lines are in Independence and Jackson Counties but I like
to keep my eyes open as I've found familiar names in Izard County as well.

My current "brick wall" is my Great Grandfather's family. His name was
Otho Roy Sherry. He was orphaned apprx 1890-91 and sent to live with his
Aunt and Uncle in Stoddard County, MO. He was enumerated in the 1900
Stoddard County, Missouri Census with his uncle, Christopher C. Parke(s).
By 1903 he was in Jackson/Independence County. He married my great
grandmother Mary Lou "Luna" Cullins on December 13, 1903 in Independence
County, AR. They settled in Jackson County and had two daughters. Roy
Sherry died August 15, 1910 and is buried in Walnut Grove Cemetery, Jackson
County. I have been trying to find the family tie that brought him to
Arkansas. The only story I recall my great grandmother telling us was that
he was raised by his aunt. That his parents had been killed in a buggy
accident.

Any help with this brick wall would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Karen Hughes

Researching: CULLINS/ELMS/LOCKWOOD/PHOEBUS/SHERRY/WHEELER
/WRIGHT

This thread: