From: "lmorton" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] HICKS
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 19:29:23 -0500

According to 1900 census, Dora was only 13-14 years when she married Walter
Dockins, so I don't have a census entry with her living with her parents.
However, since Gilbert H. Hicks, a widower is living next door to her and
Walter in 1900, he is my first choice as father of Dora Hicks, unless
someone else knows something more.

Newburg twp.

#172/172
HICKS
Gilbert H. 40 TN TN TN wd
William E. 12 AR TN AR
James W. 10 AR TN AR
Shelby L. 7 AR TN AR
Maudie M. 3 AR TN AR

#173/173
DOCKINS
Walter 21 AR AL AR md 11/12
Dora 14 AR AR AR1 child/1 living (but no child listed with them)

Lunenburg Twp.
#143/144
HICKS
William M. 32 MO IL MO md 12 yr
Sarah M. 33 MO VA MO 11 child/3 living
John M. 11 AR MO MO
James C. 8 AR MO MO
William J. 4 AR MO MO

Union twp
#201/207
HICKS
Charles 29 TN TN TN md 5 yr
Mariar A. 29 AR MO MO 3/3
Mabel C. 4 AR TN AR
Kate E. 3 AR TN AR
Ethel E. 1 AR TN AR

#231/237
HICKS
George M. 43 TN TN TN md 4 yr
Amanda 22 AR AR AR 3/2
Wiley 17 AR TN AR
Sally 9 AR TN AR
Ferdinand 7 AR TN AR
Charles 5 AR TN AR
Elizabeth 3 AR TN AR
Molly F. 9/12 AR TN AR (Molly m. Allen Moody, son of John Wesley Moody
and Margaret Whitfield)

Mill Creek twp

#31/33
HIX
Kenneth R. 53 TN TN TN md 33
Margret A. 52 TN NC NC 5/5
Della 17 TN TN TN
S. Lad 14 TN TN TN
John39 TN TN TN partner

#150/156 (in Melbourne, Mill Creek twp)
HINKLE
S. Ray 42 AR SC VA
R. Lee 33 AR AR VA
Mamie L. 15 AR AR AR
Jeffie R. 13 AR AR AR
HIX, Joshua J. 21 TN TN TN servant-farm

#180/186
There is a Henry HIX boarding in the household of H. Hill HARRIS, hotel
manager. Henry is 31 TN TN TN and is listed as a teacher. Mr. Hill has a
lot of boarders and I'm too lazy to type them all.

LaMyra

This thread: