From: <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Re: BLACK LANGSTONS
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:24:15 EST

In a message dated 01/30/2000 6:29:31 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

<< By the way, I once saw a news story on a black town in TX, named,
"Langston". I don't recall where they said (or if they knew where) the
name of the town came from, but it was made up of freed slaves, and pretty
much stayed a black town.

Wonder if they were some of ours?

Jean >>

Sounds as though the Langstons' as slaveholders has some exploratory footwork
to be done, doesn't it? A couple of black towns named Langston......one in
Oklahoma and the other in Texas is enough for me to look further into,
doesn't it you, Jean?

Interesting......

Bernie

This thread: