From: Jean Mayfield Cuevas <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Mary Ann's Hospital-Jean
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 14:37:11 -0500

Hi Bernie,

I wonder if that would really work? I have heard more than one case where
State Hospitals will not release records. It's like anyone with any mental
illness had no real value!

I may try contacting the Governor's office via e-mail. I think I did that
one time ages ago, but can't recall whether I ever got through. Rather
doubt it.

Mary Ann was my mother's grandmother. You would think that after all that
time, records wouldn't matter. Mother's cousin, Elnora, was hoping to find
the gravesite and put up a gravestone. I think she may have gone ahead
with the stone back in Aurora, where Mary Ann's husband was buried. I will
have to check. It probably had a guess as to the exact date of death,
since we could never find out.

Seems like society is finally beginning to believe as a majority that
people have a right to their information. I certainly do!

Jean