From: <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] HARRIS
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 20:37:51 EDT

Hi,
If my info is right, Cinda is short for Cinderalla and is the second wife of
A.W. Harris. (and his name was Augustus) What I would like to do is go the
other way. I think that A.W. was the son of Henry, buy that is not
conclusive. These Harrises passed their children around like party favors,
and seldom did they live with their parents according to what I have been
able to find out. My ggrandmother's name was Sarah Jane Harris and she
married James Dawson Hooser in about 1877. She was born 16 Oct 1856 and died
April 1929 in Seymour, TX. She remarried after J.D. died to a R.T.A.
Richardson. For years I thought that her father's name was John; that is
what my grandmother had told me. Vera Reeves found an article in an old
newspaper that said that his name was Augustus W. When I went back and
checked I found the name of Averilla as his wife in the 1860 census in the
Izard County Historian. This is ALL I have. If it hadn't been for Vera I
would not have had this much.
Just thought that I would check with you. I am getting pretty desperate on
the Harris AND Hooser line. They just seem to go no where.
Thanks for your reply.
Mary

This thread: