APPALACHIAN-LIFE-L Archives

Archiver > APPALACHIAN-LIFE > 2001-11 > 1007091456

Subject: [AppalLife] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:37:36 EST

I'm new to the list. This is my first posting. The banter between Ole Paul
and Ole Clyde reminds me of two of my brothers when we get togeather for
family unions. I grew up in northeastern Tennessee in Elk Valley (population
600) . If you ever drive down south 75, after you cross the Ky Tenn line and
reach the top of the mountain you can look over the edge and see all of the
country down in the valley. Concerning ramps, they were known to us as wild
onions. Our milk cow would sometimes get into a patch of them and we couldn't
drink the milk for three days..We just couldn't get apast the smell.

Dayton, Ohio

This thread: