APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-04 > 1239761113

Subject: Re: [APG] Nicknames
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:05:13 EDT

I know that happened in my own family. My mother was Laura Margaret.
Because her paternal grandmother lived until my mom was a teenager, the family
always called her Maggie. However, when she went to get her driver's
license and teaching certificate in the late 1950's, the state of California
told her she was required to use Laura since that was on her birth
certificate. So she was Maggie to those of us who knew her through family but
everyone at the schools she worked in called her Laura until they became friends.

Julia Coldren-Walker

In a message dated 4/14/2009 7:28:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,