APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-04 > 1239743407

From: Michelle LeClair <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Nicknames
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:10:07 -0400

Alvie,
I don¹t know what part of the country you¹re researching in this case, but
in PA I¹ve come across the name Salome (PA Dutch/German) as Sally, Sarah,
Susan, Susannah and probably a few other iterations I¹ve forgotten.

Here¹s a chuckle for the day ‹ one family¹s nicknames were Bep, Jumpy
(pronounced ³Jumbie²), Bepzel, Nutzel, Baldy, Bumbum, Woozy, Schmitty and of
course there¹s always Junior (pronouced ³Chunie²).

Michelle

Michelle LeClair
President
Creative Director