APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-02 > 1234800722

From: Debbie Parker Wayne <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Working in Archives - Blog series
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:12:02 -0600

wrote on 2/15/2009 11:21 PM:

> The problem, I believe, is not our qualifications so much as the perceived
> triviality of our pursuits, compared to broad, world-shaking historic trends, or
> the large sums of money that motivate forensic searching.
That is a great point, Donn. Maybe as more historians get into
"micro-history" and research techniques used for genealogical research,
as Allison and Claire mention in the thread at
<http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/APG/2009-01/1231001955>;,
the perceptions will begin to change.

I did see on the Legal History Blog this morning Emily Kadens used a
technique we use on this list all the time-- she posted a segment of a
document and asked for help interpreting the handwriting:
<http://legalhistoryblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/what-does-this-say.html>;

Too bad someone solved it before we genealogists could jump in and
demonstrate our skills.

Regards, Debbie

Debbie Parker Wayne
Wayne Research -- http://debbiewayne.com/