APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-02 > 1234552075

From: "Joel S. Russell" <>
Subject: [APG] Don't you wish all Pastor's did this?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:07:55 -0500

My friends I wish to pay homage to Pastor John Kupfer who served a
small church in southern Illinois that I'm currently
researching. The following is an example of his funeral entries for
this congregation.

"Schwier, Maria born November 29th, 1829 at Hille, Prussia, daughter
of Friedr. Burmeister & Maria born Horstmann; at the age of 21 she
married Karl Husemann with whom she lived 7 years and had 3 children,
of which 1 son is still living. In 1863 she came to her brother
Heinrich Burmeister in Horse Prairie. February 4th, 1864 she married
Ernst Nagel with whom she had 1 son, August, who is still alive. 3
years and 2 months later her husband died. She remained a widow for
6 months and then married Friedrich Schwier who after 35 years, 1
month of married life preceded her in death. She died April 3, 1911
at age 81 years, 4 months, 4 days and was buried April 5th, 1911."

This is a great place to look for those you of you wonder how to find
the hometown of your immigrant ancestor. Church records can be a
gold mind of information, especially when you have a Pastor/Priest
who records this kind of detail.

Joel
http://www.rafert.org/home

This thread: