APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-12 > 1229219534

From: "Kate Foote" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Lincoln's Mother Nancy Hanks
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 19:52:14 -0600

I would opine that _Lincoln Lore_ can often rate right up there with _Indian
Princess_ in family stories handed down. Actually, Craig, your post got me
to ruminating over the Lincoln story which has been so prized among my own
family legends. That in turn sent me to do some new online digging, since I
haven't explored those waters for some time. Of course _my_ family story is
one that _must_ be true, all I have to do is prove it! <g> Today's time
searching did, in fact, turn up some interesting leads and possibilities,
especially on the elusive surname of a 3rd great grandmother, which could be
a very big breakthrough indeed.

So, thank you Craig, your mucking may have been just the incentive I needed
- even if I haven't _yet_ proved that it was none other than Honest Abe
himself who taught my gg-grandmother to read.

Kate

Of