APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-06 > 1212915173

From: "Alvie L. Davidson CG" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] program to chart relationships
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 04:52:53 -0400

Good morning Dee Dee,
I have always had an issue with FTM's relationship portion of their software
but have never been able to get their attention to see if they can correct
it.
When you pick up a person who might be way out in the family tree and ask
for relationships, it will identify all the first cousins, first
cousins-once removed, etc but you cannot tell from the identifiers if they
are maternal cousins or paternal cousins.
There is only a small change in their software and this can happen but so
far they have not made an effort to do this.
I will keep asking...as this is sometimes critical when dealing with a legal
matter.

Alvie L. Davidson CG
Lakeland, Florida
http://alviesgenealogyspot.blogspot.com

Certification of Genealogists used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.