APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-06 > 1212878155

From: "Michael Neill" <>
Subject: [APG] program to chart relationships
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 17:35:55 -0500

Example:

Anna Fecht married Bertus Grass (brother to my gg grandmother Noentje
Grass), which makes her my aunt by marriage. This same Anna Fecht was also a
double first cousin of Jans Janssen (a gg grandfather of mine) and a single
first cousin to Anke Fecht (another gg grandmother of mine). Anna Fecht's
nephew, Harm Fecht, married a sister of another gg-grandfather, Jann Habben.
Now that everyone is as confused as I am <grin>, I have a question.

Question: Is there any genealogical program that will allow me to choose
just these people and chart their relationships? I don't want charts with
all ancestors or all descendants of some individual(s) in my database--I
want to chart just these people. I could easily make one chart manually. The
problem is I have numerous double/triple or even quadruple relationships in
my low-German families and would like something to at least give me a
working chart which I could tweak. I am not really interested in charting
extremely distant relationships, but am desiring to chart those connections
of which the indivdiduals involved were likely aware.

An extended question: I would also like to be able to choose say 5 or 6
specific people in my database and chart their connections/relationships.
Again, I do not want hourglass trees, descendant or ancestor trees. I want
to choose a few people and just show their connection(s) to each other. I
use these to keep the kinship "straight" when I'm working on a specific
group of families.

I could make the charts manually, but would rather there were something that
could take my database I already have.

Thanks.

Michael
Who is related to himself more ways than he can count and has *significant*
pedigree collapse without even researching back to 1600.

This thread: