APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1210528045

Subject: Re: [APG] veromi.net
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 13:47:25 EDT

I don't believe that is how they get their information. This one is similar
to zabasearch -- I had asked a long time ago and learned that various
governmental agencies, states, motor vehicles agencies, private companies, and even
some banks we do business with SELL their customer list information to these
sites. If you have ever read the privacy statements that we are sent in the
mail you will often see (in fine print) that information may be shared with
other companies. The information they sell is all public domain
information--they don't sell SS numbers or account numbers--just names, dates, and places
which are public information.

Joan

In a message dated 5/11/2008 12:43:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Me, too. That's why I didn't input more than
my first and last and date of birth.

Bonnie Kohler wrote:
> It occurred to me that we might be *providing* information to Veromi.net
> when we enter names, birth dates, and towns . . .
>
> Bonnie Dunphy Kohler
> Member, APG-FL Chapter

favorites at AOL Food.