APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1210381951

From: "Elizabeth Shown Mills" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Speaking jitters
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 20:12:31 -0500

Craig wrote:
>Recently I spoke at a state genealogical society conference and today
received from the society the evaluations for that lecture. I quote from the

report
>> Read out loud, slides too small to read, needs speaking confidence
>Those of you who know me know that I don't read anything out loud, that my
slides are Powerpoint and at a minimum 28 pt., except for copies of records
or websites.
>From "nerves of steel" in the morning, to solving "Elizabeth jitters" by
noon, and falling to "needs speaking confidence" by dinnertime.

Craig, it would seem that conference-goer needed a lecture on sorting
identities. Clearly, s/he confused you with another speaker.

Aside from the fact that you don't read lectures, that "read out loud" is an
intriguing comment. Would the critic have preferred that you "read silently"
instead? :)

Elizabeth

This thread: