APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1210359712

From: "Alvie L. Davidson CG" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Locating a Will
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:01:52 -0400

I just went back to the original letter posted. You can get the SS-5 and it
should be in your hands anywhere from 6-8 weeks (this is a wide variant of
time).
I think you should get someone in Queens to visit the county Surrogate's
office to look for probate records. The clerk charges an arm and a leg to
search.
I have no one I can offer as a suggestion but I can suggest you contact
Leslie Corn CG and see if she knows someone or can go herself. She is on
vacation at this time.

Alvie L. Davidson CG
Lakeland, Florida
http://alviesgenealogyspot.blogspot.com

Certification of Genealogists used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.