APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-02 > 1204293789

Subject: Re: [APG] Birth / Death Question
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:03:09 +0000

Cheryl,

Without more information, don't accept any one of them, alone, as being the most reliable record. Fully acknowledge the conflict when preparing any report and citation.

Examine any information about the creation of these records. For instance, "official" births and deaths of this time period and locality might not have been recorded until months later. If the burial record was created by the church at the time of burial, it would be the most correct so far as burial information is concerned. Diary, Bible entries, or letters--if they even exist--might provide verification.

Charlene M. Pipkin

From: "Cheryl Brown Abernathy" <>