APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-12 > 1197415051

From: Jeanette Daniels <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Ethical Membership
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:17:31 -0800 (PST)

Sharon:

Thank you for restoring Tom Jones article to the APGQ. I believe that we will all benefit from reading this. Many would like changes to the organization and I believe that open expressions of new ideas are always positive for improving an organization. Many of us do not agree with everything on this list but seeing how others feel about issues is always enlightening and helpful. Just because you thought that Tom's article was negative doesn't mean that the rest of us will. I personally believe that there does need to be more to membership in the APG. I saw an internet article years ago that I sent on the the APG leadership at that time entitled, "How to Become a Professional Genealogist is Five Minutes," that explained that all anyone needed to do to become a professional genealogist was to spend five minutes filling out the APG membership form and writing the check.

I sense that you have taken Melinde's and the others' responses personally. I personally believe that the APG membership wants to be involved more in the future of the organization and the directions it takes. I really think that all of the discussion whether real or hypothetical could be very positive for the organization. I hope so.

Sincerely,

Jeanette