APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-06 > 1182803864

From: "Joan M. Wieser, CG" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] WWI Service Records
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:37:44 -0600

Karen,

I sent for my father's WWII records and the first time I sent I got the
fire reply. I sent for them again about a year later and got the
records. Sometimes I think that's a convenient excuse.

As to county records, South Dakota has them for WWI vets but they're off
limits to the public. But there is another resource as well. I got the
fire excuse for my uncle's records and had little knowledge of anything
of his military service. I thought long and hard about where the most
logical place would have been that he mustered in. He lived in St.
Paul, MN so I called Fort Snelling. I didn't get everything that might
have been possible but they had the pertinent stuff. So don't overlook
this resource either.

Joan M. Wieser, CG
New Effington, SD

This thread: